Visit the Minnesota Department of Healthwebsite.
Impacts on public services
You can visit the City's coronavirus impacts to services web page to view a running list of adjustments to public services that the City and other institutions are making, including meetings & hearings, solid waste & recycling, water, utility billing, service counters, parks, schools, Hennepin County and MetroTransit.
The Minnesota Department of Health has community recommendations involving employers, assisted living facilities, schools and health care settings and large and small community events and gatherings.
Check out this resource to see restaurants offering curbside takeout or delivery service
Available to call program participants in Hennepin County to check in on everyone who receives regular services and to offer assistance with running errands and/or grocery shopping (in the Minneapolis area)
For assistance, call 952-746-4046
For assistance, call 612-623-3363
Meal delivery service for elderly neighbors in the Twin Cities
Metro Mobility riders can now order groceries and goods online from local stores and have Metro Mobility pick them up and deliver for free
For assistance, call 1-800-971-0016
Available to make outreach calls to lonely adults
Operates a 24-hour, toll-free crisis line for adults age 60 and over and those with disabilities
If you’re worried about quarantining in a home where you don’t feel safe, 24/7 help is available from the National Domestic Violence Hotline. Call 1-800-799-7233 or text LOVEIS Into 22522.
Food, health & housing
• Hunger Solutions has referral information for food services: 1-888-711-1151
• Metro Mobility is providing free food order delivery: 651-602-1180
• United Way 211 has resource and referral information 24 hours a day: call 211
• National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or 1-888-628-9454
• State of Minnesota Coronavirus Hotline: 651-201-3920 or 1-800-657-3903, available 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Need Shelter First Call for Help: 651-291-0211
Legal advice for housing
• HOME Line 612-728-5767 Para Español, llame al 612-255-8870. Af- Soomaali wac 612-255-8860. Hais lus Hmoob, Hu 612-255-7104
• Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid 612-334-5970
• HOME, Household & Outside Maintenance for Elderly, program for older adults age 60+: 952-746-4046
• Meals on Wheels: 612-623-3363
• Help at your door: 651-642-1892
• Senior Linkage Line: 1-888-333-2433
• Domestic Violence Minnesota Day One Crisis Line: Call: 1-866-223-1111 Or Text: 612-399-9995
Please call 911 in an emergency.
Disaster Distress Helpline
• The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Helpline provides 24/7, 365-day-a-year
crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters: 1-800-985-5990
— Saint Paul & Suburban Area Intergroup: Phones answered 24/7: 651-227-5502
—Greater Minneapolis Intergroup: Phones answered 24/7: 952-922-0880
• VirtualNA.org for meetings 24/7
• Minnesota Recovery Connection, Twin Cities, MN. Telephone support 612-584-4158 from peer recovery navigators
Monday through Friday, 9-5.
• School & child care questions: 651-297-1304 or 1-800-657-3504 (7 a.m.-7 p.m.)
Hennepin County Library
Call 612-543-KNOW (5669) to reach library staff by phone to answer questions, connect you to online resources or recommend your next read.
Mon-Thur 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Fri-Sat 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Sunday noon – 5 p.m.
• Hennepin County is requesting donations of personal protective equipment: 612-348-3000
• Blood Banks are in desperate need of donations: 612-871-7676
MN Dept of Health's Coronavirus Guide for Minnesotans
MN Dept of Employment & Economic Development Resources
COVID-19 Resources for Businesses
Compiled by the Lake Street Council
The Unemployment Insurance program is ready to assist workers who can’t work, workers who have had their hours reduced, and workers who have lost their jobs as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic
If your employment has been affected by COVID-19, you can apply for unemployment benefits. After you apply, we will let you know if you are eligible.
Apply for unemployment benefits as soon as you can; waiting may result in you losing some benefits.
You can apply online, Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., or with our automated phone.
If you have questions, call one of our Customer Service representatives. We can assist you in Spanish, Hmong, Somali, or any other language you prefer.
Customer Service representatives are available Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
No cost for COVID-19 testing for Minnesotans enrolled through MNsure
All four medical insurance companies that sell private health insurance plans on MNsure are waiving co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles related to Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) diagnostic testing. Minnesotans who are enrolled in those plans will have no costs associated with medically directed testing in compliance with the Centers for Disease Control guidance.
MNsure encourages consumers to contact their insurance company directly for questions about plan benefit details and how best to access care.
Minnesotans with questions about COVID-19 should refer to the Minnesota Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control for the most current information on the status of the virus in Minnesota and recommendations for preparedness planning.
Minnesota Department of Health
COVID-19 Hotline: 651-201-3920
available Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Centers for Disease Control
COVID-19 specific resources
As a reminder, Minnesotans should also follow recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Stay home if you have cold or flu-like symptoms and avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and throw the tissue in the trash.
Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom or before eating. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Avoid touching your face--especially your eyes, nose, and mouth--with unwashed hands.
Digniin. Haddii aad u baahantahay caawimaad lacag-la’aan ah ee tarjumaadda qoraalkan, wac 651-539-2099 ama 855-366-7873. Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para interpretar este documento, llame al 651-539-2099 o 855-366-7873. MNsure does not discriminate because of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, public assistance, marital status or sexual orientation.
Multilingual Health Information